Build your nest near My altar, and I will be your children's source of security, protection, provision and blessing. Psalm 84

Monday, October 17, 2011

In your ninth year.


Some days it's just so overwhelming. I think, maybe it would easier if you were still that little portable baby. The one I could pick up and carry and keep safely right by my heart.  I love watching you grow and change.  I am so grateful to have a ring side seat into your sweet little self.  But there is SO much going by too quickly, and it's often hard to keep up.  I blinked and now you're 9!  I can't imagine anything better in my life before you.  I can't imagine anything more wonderful or heartbreaking than watching you grow up and fly away.  Does every parent want to freeze time?  I've always wished that I could have a do-over of the sleep deprived years.  It wasn't fair, with everything being so out of focus.  I want to see all of the "firsts" again, with clearer eyes.  I want the stress of being a first-time mommy to be erased so I can be in each and every moment.  Memorize it.  I want to spend every single minute of every single day playing with you and listening to you laughing.  I want to keep you safe from anyone who dares to break your heart, make you feel inadequate or tells you you are anything other than the amazing child you are.  I want to skip all the busyness and just be.  In this ninth year of your life, I am so grateful that you are mine.  That I was lucky enough to be given this gift.  And my prayer is that each day you will know how very much you are loved.  Happy 9th Birthday, Ruby Jane ♥

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and true! It goes much too quickly, but
    you do cherish her well. Never doubt that you're
    a GREAT Mom and a great advocate for
    your girl. <3 Happy Birthday Ruby Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :) I feel the same way about my kids, life just happens. The trick is to cherish every day we have with them, so when we look back we know we enjoyed them the best we could and made as many memories as possible. You are doing that for sure. The best times are sometimes just the everyday, ordinary times. The letting them fly away part is almost too much to bear, but thankfully it goes in stages. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete